Try a Class with LOI and LiveEnglish.
Listening and Writing Exercise: Planning Like a Chipmunk
An English listening exercise that hopefully will make you laugh and think. Planning for our future isn’t a strength of Americans nor of my generation. Perhaps we can learn a little from the chipmunk. Pay close attention to the connecting words in this exercise.
Watch this video:
Answer the questions below in comments and we will respond:
1. ______ to a study released Thursday by the Princeton University Department of Biology.
2. Reporters spoke to citizens to get their ______ on the study.
3. _____ this chipmunk is pretty impressive.
4. He has to make a borough in a tree stump that’s _______ what he does.
5. He doesn’t pause, and have a snack, and _____ _____ for a few hours.
6. What did most respondents think of the Chipmunks planning for his future?
7. This chipmunk is carrying around a lot of _____.
8. What does the above sentence mean?
9. What happened to his electricity? Why?
So what about your future? What things are you doing to plan for your future? Do you feel secure about your future or do you think you should plan more? Do you have a retirement plan, a will, a life insurance policy? Are you saving money? Working on furthering your career? Are you doing better than the chipmunk?
Comments are closed.