Try a Class with LOI and LiveEnglish.
The World’s Deadliest Garden
How could such a beautiful garden be so poisonous? Fun fact for all of you Harry Potter fans out there-Alnwick Castle is Hogwarts in the first few movies!Alnwick Castle was used as Hogwarts in the first Harry Potter films.
Today, we’ll first review some differences between British and American English. Then, take a look at the short video, and practice your listening skills with the following comprehension questions.
Recently, Peter posted this lesson about British vs. American English. Let’s take a look at some common vocabulary differences between the two. It’s your job to match the word a British person would say to what someone from the US would use. Write your answers to this and the following questions in the comments below!
British English American English
chemist round trip
aroundabout cash register
nappy French fries
return potato chips
- How many plants in the garden are poisonous?
- This plant is Giant Hogweed. It will get up to ________ high.
- How many years could you have blisters from the hogweed?
- We have to _______ maintain the garden, so we have to tend the plants.
- How do the gardeners protect themselves when dealing with the poisonous plants?
- What will cyanide do to you?
- Why did the Duchess decide to have a poison garden instead of a herb garden?
- People are _____ by poisonous plants.
- Why is the man fascinated by the garden?
- Do you have a garden? If so, what types of plants does it have, and how do you tend it?
Comments are closed.