Try a Class with LOI and LiveEnglish.
How to Conjugate Run Around
- Infinitive: Run Around
- Present Tense: Run Around/ Runs Around
- -ing Form: Running Out
- Past Tense: Ran Around
- Past Participle: Run Around
Definitions of Run Around:
1. To go from one place to another in a hurry.
Examples: The police have been running around the city the whole afternoon looking for the criminal.
I ran around to four different supermarkets to get the stuff I needed to make dinner.
2. To become very busy doing a lot of different things.
Examples: I have to run around the house all day to clean up and rearrange the furniture since visitors are coming.
This weekend I will have a lot of running around to do.
3. To play and run at the same time.
Examples: The kids have been running around the house all day playing hide and seek.
Let the kids run around in the backyard for a few hours while you get some housework done.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.