Try a Class with LOI and LiveEnglish.
Give Back – Phrasal Verb of the Day
Today’s phrasal verb of the day is: Give Back
Infinitive form: Give Back
Present Tense: Give back/Gives back
ing form: Giving Back
Past tense: Gave Back
Participle: Given Back
It is a separable phrasal verb that can be used in two ways:
1. When you return something to someone.
I gave her dress back, after I finished wearing it.
2. To contribute something to a community, foundation, or charity.
She gives back to her community by volunteering at the local schools.
Exercises: Write your answers in comments and we will correct them.
Write three sentences by inserting the objects in parentheses.
Example: (my phone, it) Give back… please. -> Give it back, please. Give my phone back, please. Give back my phone, please.
1. (the newspaper, it) Give back… when you are finished reading.
2. (the keys, them) Give back… when you check out of the hotel.
3. (the money he borrowed, it) He gave back… to his parents.
Complete the sentences with the correct form of “give back.”
1. You don’t need to ____ ____ the money I gave you.
2. Have you ever ____ anything ____ to your community?
3. I am ______ ____ this birthday present. It cost too much money!
Comments are closed.