Try a Class with LOI and LiveEnglish.
The Man Who Writes Hits for Daft Punk, Madonna and Bowie
What do the songs We Are Family, Let’s Dance, Like a Virgin, Get Lucky, Love Shack have in common, besides being some of the best known hits in the world? They were all written and/or produced by one man, Nile Rodgers.
Rodgers has produced albums for Diana Ross, Lady Gaga, Daft Punk, Madonna, David Bowie, Beck, The B-52s, Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton and many more. He’s also produced music for many films. To me, it’s amazing that one man could produce so many hit songs, for such a variety of bands, and over so many years.
The New York Times has done a really interesting interview with him. Watch it below, then see if you can answer the listening questions.
Answer the questions in comments and we will respond.
- What does he say is the difference between performance and composition?
- What do you think of his house?
- What was the “neighbor kid” confused about?
- What did he get at 60.
- Why did her write a song titled “I’m Coming Out” for Diana Ross?
- Why was he at that club?
- When did his life change when he was young?
- How has it changed more recently?
- What do you think makes him able to write so many hits?
Here’s a little more Nile Rodgers for you to freak out to 😉
Comments are closed.