Try a Class with LOI and LiveEnglish.
Are Men Better at Science? English Listening Exercise
The video for this week’s English listening exercise is amazing to me, as a mother raising a daughter.
In recent years, it has been suggested that women are not involved in science, engineering and programing because of genetics. In this video, Neil deGrasse Tyson, a well-known American astrophysicist, does an excellent job criticizing this argument.
1. Does anyone want to ____ that question?
2. I’__ ____ _____ female.
3. How old was Neil when he wanted to become an astro-physistist?
4. The fact that he wanted to be a scientist was ______ ____ the path of most resistence.
5. Teachers said, “_____ you want to be an athlete?”
6. How did the thief in his story escape?
7. Before we start talking about genetic difference, we’ve got to _____ __ with a system where there is equal opportunity.
Do you agree with what Neil deGrasse Tyson says in the video? How does your country deal with the ‘gender gap’?
Comments are closed.