Try a Class with LOI and LiveEnglish.
USA Women’s Team Wins World Cup – Listening Exercise
The U.S. women’s soccer team won the world cup last weekend, so this week we are presenting you with a listening exercise about the team, and would like to hear your opinions about women in soccer/football.
When I lived in Argentina, women’s soccer did not seem to be popular there, but in many countries there aren’t any women’s sports at all. As an athlete myself I’m proud that the U.S. has embraced female athleticism and sports. What is it like for female athletes in your country? What do you think about the U.S. winning the world cup? Is our men’s team next?
Watch the videos below, then see if you can answer the questions in comments.
1. Describe where Carli Lloyd grew up. 2. Why does she want to stay in New Jersey? 3. How did she practice soccer? Who did she play with at her local field? 4. What moments does Carli like the best during a match?
1. How old was Hope Solo when she wrote she wanted to be a soccer player?
2. Did she always want to be the goalie?
3. Did she love being goalie?
4. Which position does her mom consider the worst on the field?
Now it is your turn to write something. Do women play soccer/football in your country? Why or why not? Do you think the US men’s team is next? Also, here is a quiz highlighting some of the phrasal verbs that Hope and Carli use during their interviews.
Comments are closed.